Tuesday, October 03, 2006

WiLdLiFe: 5 minute Penalty...No Talking...Still First Down



I just realized a few people might not get why Powell the Anteater throws a penalty flag at the end of the comic. Well, while we were in school, me and a few of my friends thought it would be hilarious, that if someone told a bad joke, that they would be penalized for it and not allowed to talk. I was normally the one that told terrible jokes and I, for some reason, supported this. So when ever anyone told a bad joke, one of us would say "Flag" or throw this terribly put together flag made of a bag and some lego pieces. The person who made the joke then had to be quiet for 2 or 5 minutes...I can't remember exactly. But, within 30 seconds of telling the bad joke, the person who said it could actually challenge the call. So the joke would go under review, and if it was still determined "not funny," they had an extra 2 minutes added to their penalty. If it was determined "funny," the person that threw the flag was penalized. So that's pretty much it. I hope this comic makes sense now...if it doesn't, I don't like you!

5 Comments:

Blogger powell said...

yoooo! Funny! and I really like the way its drawn but in order to be funny to people outside the treehouse crew, you GOTTA explain the flag bit. tight man.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha I like it a lot, good pause frame... but I gotta agree with Powell, get an explanation strip in there about the flag first... and pWn powell in it.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit... that was me. ehhh Fedor. uh?

6:56 PM  
Blogger drawatron said...

AHHAHAHHAHAHAhAHhAHHAHAHA!!!! i might have been there when the flag was thrown. ha

3:44 PM  
Blogger Dave Hutson said...

Strange ... I "got" the penalty flag. Nice touch. But the extended explanation, though not necessary for the cartoon to work, was great. Just finished Deadstock and went looking for more of your work. Nice stuff!!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home